The hot spring contains salt similar to that of seawater, and the salt on the skin after taking a bath prevents perspiration from evaporating, making the hot spring very effective in retaining moisture.
Oga Onsen has a long history and is said to have been discovered during the Daido period (806-810) by Tamuramaro Sakagami, the great conqueror of the barbarians, during his expedition to the east. It is said that the feudal lord of the Satake clan of that time also enjoyed bathing in the hot spring, and it has been loved by people both inside and outside the region as a therapeutic hot spring since the Edo period.
Available hours: 3 p.m. - 12 a.m. and 5 a.m. - 9 a.m. (Sauna: 3 p.m. - 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. - 9 a.m.)
Open-air bath to enjoy the seasonal scenery
The open-air bath with the sea of trees in front of it can be enjoyed in all seasons.
An indoor bath with abundant hot spring water.
Relax and stretch your limbs in the spacious, slightly deep hot spring bath.
Sauna is a great way to unwind.
Our bathhouse also has a sauna, which is recommended for those who want to refresh their tired bodies.
As a registered facility under the Silver Star System of the All Japan Travel Association, we have made every effort to be a customer-friendly hot spring facility by minimizing the height difference between the changing rooms and bathrooms and installing handrails in key locations (Click here for details).
- Source Name: Oga Onsen No.1 (Hot Spring Name: Oga Onsen)
- Spring quality: Sodium chloride spring (pH 7.4)
- Spring temperature: 55.4°C
- Items that may affect the composition of the water: water/heat (minimal water/heat depending on the season), no circulation, no addition of bath salts, etc., disinfection treatment (chlorine based chemicals are used for hygiene control)
- Main healing effects: Cuts, burns, chronic skin diseases, chronic women's diseases, neuralgia rheumatism, chronic muscular rheumatism, neuralgia, etc.
SKO Group Yumeguri Benefit
Application period: mid-April to mid-November
Limited benefit for customers staying at SKO group hotels!
You can use the hot springs at the two sister buildings for only 300 yen instead of the usual 700 yen for each building.
The Oga Onsen Yukemuri Resort SKO Group (Seiko Grand Hotel, Oga Kanko Hotel, Oga Hotel) offers guests the opportunity to enjoy a hot spring tour at a discounted rate. Please enjoy the different hot springs at each hotel while taking a stroll around Oga Onsen Resort.
- Please purchase a bathing ticket at the front desk of the hotel where you are staying (accompanied children under elementary school age are free).
- One bathing ticket allows you to use the hot springs at two of our sister hotels.
- Hours of operation: 3:00pm to 9:00pm and 6:30am to 8:30am
- Please note that this service may not be available due to private use or maintenance.
Day trip bathing
Please note that we may not be able to accept your request due to congestion. Please check with us beforehand.
- Hours of use: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Fee: Bathing fee 700 yen, rental towel 100 yen, rental bath towel 200 yen